HOP Volunteer Sign-Ups, FALL 2022
Event Chairs: Jaclyn Young and Kayla Raddatz
HOP needs your help!
Once your family has determined your class schedule and/or availability at co-op, please choose one slot that works for your family. Slots are about one hour/day for a 4-week block, totaling about 4 hours. Slots are available on a first come - first chosen basis. If volunteering presents a challenge for your family, please contact Jaclyn or Kayla via email to email@example.com .
IMPORTANT: We are asking that everyone take their responsibilities seriously to monitor the hallways, clean-up, etc. We want to continue being able to rent space at the North Dunedin Baptist Church. If behaviors, noise, etc. gets out-of-hand, we may not be welcomed back. Please do not be on your phones or sitting/standing chatting during your volunteer time. The Church needs to see that each volunteer is on task. Thanks for your hard work in making HOP an awesome community!
PLEASE READ YOUR ROLE BELOW. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK! REMEMBER, THE NORTH DUNEDIN BAPTIST CHURCH IS A PRIVATE SPACE.
EMERGENCIES: If you have an emergency and cannot fill your volunteer spot, please text Jaclyn Young at (440) 567-8861,
DAY OF: When you come in to the Fellowship Hall - Common Room, find the volunteer sign-in sheet on the table. Grab a lanyard and sign-in that you are there.
Snack Shop Worker (1 volunteer per period and lunch, 4 week commitment)
- Run the snack shop! Make change for purchases and keep track of what is sold during your period using the inventory form
- Keep area organized
- At the beginning and end of your shift, be sure that the next volunteer is present before leaving the area
- All kids should remain respectful and courteous of the space
Outdoor Walker (1 volunteer per period, 4 week commitment)
- Check bathrooms at start of shift, fill paper towel
- Walk the area around the outside of the building (from Solomon's porch to the playground (see map at volunteer table) feel free to walk with a stroller or friend
- Make sure all kids remain respectful and courteous of the space
- Monitor the fruit trees on site, HANDS OFF to all HOP attendees
Teen Room Monitor (1 volunteer per open period and lunch, 4 week commitment)
- Make sure kids remain respectful and courteous of the space
- Make sure only kids age 13+ are in the space
Pizza Helper (2 volunteers per lunch period, 4 week commitment)
- One volunteer needed to collect money and cross off orders from the order sheet
- One volunteer needed to distribute pizza to families
Clean-Up and Breakdown Crew (3 volunteers per afternoon, 4 week commitment)
- Goal: leave the facility better than we found it!
- Move chairs back to where they were at the beginning of the day
- Wipe down all tables
- Clean bathrooms
- Clean up soup area (wipe counter, etc)
- Floor swept and garbages are neat (not overflowing), take out trash if needed
Set Up Crew (2 volunteers per morning, 12 week commitment; these volunteers will receive free registration)
- Help set up the tables and chairs in all areas for the day
- Hang signs on doors
Free Table Donations Dropoff (2 volunteers per afternoon, 4 week commitment)
- Take the remaining stuff from the Free table during 5th period
- Drop it off at a donation center of their choice
Floater (1 volunteer per period, 4 week commitment)
- First job - make sure all of the other volunteers are in their designated locations and signed in. If they are not please let the admin team know immediately.
- If you see something that needs cleaned up - do something about it! (We have a vacuum and cleaning supplies available)
- Walk the indoor hallways and keep an eye on things (Only water is allowed outside of the common room)
- Check the paper products in the bathroom. Refill as needed.
Sign up below...
|#1: Kelley S.|
|#2: Tanya S.|