HOP Volunteer Sign-Ups, SPRING 2024
Event Chairs: Jaclyn Young and Kayla Raddatz
HOP needs your help!
Once your family has determined your class schedule and/or availability at co-op, please choose AT LEAST one slot that works for your family. Most slots are about one hour/day for a 4-week block, totaling about 4 hours. Slots are available on a first come - first chosen basis. If volunteering presents a challenge for your family, please contact Dawn the volunteer coordinator via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: We are asking that everyone take their responsibilities seriously to monitor the hallways, clean-up, etc. We want to continue being able to rent space at the North Dunedin Baptist Church. If behaviors, noise, etc. gets out-of-hand, we may not be welcomed back. Please do not be on your phones or sitting/standing chatting during your volunteer time. The church needs to see that each volunteer is on task. Thanks for your hard work in making HOP an awesome community!
PLEASE READ YOUR ROLE BELOW. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE ASK! REMEMBER, THE NORTH DUNEDIN BAPTIST CHURCH IS A PRIVATE SPACE.
EMERGENCIES: If you have an emergency and cannot fill your volunteer spot, please text or call Jaclyn Young at (440) 567-8861,
DAY OF: When you come in to the Fellowship Hall - Common Room, find the volunteer sign-in sheet on the table. Grab a lanyard and sign-in that you are there.
Set Up Crew (3 volunteers per morning, 4 week commitment or 12 week commitment in exchange for FREE REGISTRATION)
- Arrive at 8 am every week!
- Help set up the tables and chairs in all areas for the day
- Help set up soup area
- Help set up volunteer sign in area, HOP Info area and snack shop
- Hang signs on doors
Clean-Up and Breakdown Crew (5 volunteers per afternoon, 4 week commitment or 12 week commitment in exchange for FREE REGISTRATION)
- Goal: leave the facility better than we found it!
- Move chairs back to where they were at the beginning of the day in common areas and classrooms (See photos)
- Wipe down all tables
- Restock bathrooms and wipe down counters
- Clean up soup area (wipe counter, etc)
- Floor swept and garbages are neat (not overflowing), take out trash as needed
CLASSROOM HELPERS (1 volunteer per class period needed, 4 week commitment)
- These jobs are well suited for parents whose children are registered in the listed class.
- Assist the teacher you are assigned to in their classroom.
- Be available (not on phones or chatting) for the entire class period.
- Help with set up and break down as needed.
- Be available for 2 minutes before and 2 minutes after the class period!
Snack Shop Worker (1 volunteer per period and lunch, 4 week commitment)
- Run the snack shop! Make change for purchases as needed
- Keep area organized
- At the beginning and end of your shift, be sure that the next volunteer is present BEFORE leaving the area
- All kids should remain respectful and courteous of the space
Outdoor Walker (1 volunteer per period, 4 week commitment)
- Walk the area around the outside of the building (from Solomon's porch to the playground (see map at volunteer table) feel free to walk with a stroller or a friend
- Make sure all kids remain respectful and courteous of the space
- Monitor the fruit trees on site, HANDS OFF to all HOP attendees
Teen Room Monitor (1 volunteer per open period and lunch, 4 week commitment)
- Make sure kids remain respectful and courteous of the space
- Make sure only kids age 13+ are in the space
Pizza Helper (2 volunteers per lunch period, 4 week commitment)
- One volunteer needed to collect money and cross off orders from the order sheet
- One volunteer needed to distribute pizza to families
Free Table Donations Drop-off (1 volunteer per afternoon, 4 week commitment)
- Take the remaining stuff from the Free table during 5th period
- Drop it off at a donation center of their choice
Floater (1 volunteer per period, 4 week commitment)
- FIRST JOB - make sure all of the other volunteers are in their designated locations and signed in. If they are not please let the admin team know IMMEDIATELY.
- Check the paper products in the bathroom. Refill as needed. (Get the Key from admins)
- If you see something that needs cleaned up - do something about it! (We have a vacuum and cleaning supplies available)
- Take out the trash from the common room as needed and take to the dumpster
- Walk the indoor hallways and keep an eye on things (ONLY water is allowed outside of the common room)
- May be asked to walk the grounds when all other jobs have been completed
- **Floaters may be asked to fill in as classroom volunteers as needed.